Monday, 1 July 2013

SNES Complete!

Success! I managed to succeed in restoring the SNES. It took me the best part of an entire evening and most of the morning on Saturday to sand down, dismantle, spray with multiple coats and replace the power LED, and guess what? No small explosions and it actually works!

Replacing the LED was a right pain, I've never got on well with a soldering wick so that was a major headache trying to remove the solder from the board to swap out the bulb, but it eventually worked out and I managed to replace the power LED with a multi-coloured rainbow bulb.

Most people would have tested the broken SNES first to see if it was in full working order and worthwhile doing, but that thought never entered my mind (duh..), but luckily enough for me when I put it all back together.. It was in working order.

This post would have been up sooner if it wasn't for Star Wars: Forces Unleashed 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning which have caught my attention, luckily I picked them up Saturday otherwise this entire idea would never have been complete.

And here it is:
Custom SNES
SNES Powered Off


SNES Blue Phase SNES Green Phase SNES Red Phase

Well there you have it, I've managed to save a destroyed SNES from the scrapheap. I've uploaded a video to Youtube that shows it in full working order. Enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. Nice work =D
    I miss my old SNES, would love to see it working again like this......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I forget how simple but entertaining gaming used to be over a decade ago, unfortunately the graphics is a shock to the system with all the HD gaming platforms out now, but some of the games are still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up playing Snes and Genesis!! No matter how much games evolve, old games will always have their magic ;]

    ReplyDelete