Friday, 28 June 2013

Restoring the SNES

Snes Project Flow
Well it can't look any worse than it does at the moment.
I've finally collected all the materials I need to restore the SNES thats features in a previous post and put some life back into the "console in a half-shell.. Turtle Power!" (sorry couldn't resist!)

Things I've had to order:
  • A variety of 3.5v 5mm coloured LED's
  • Gamebit Screwdriver
  • Wet and Dry Sand paper
  • A scrap SNES that even the Sandpeople would have no interest in
  • Cans of Spray Paint (Satin Black & Satin Night Navy)
My plans are to replace the missing top shell with the faulty SNES I've managed to practically pick up for nothing, add an alternative power light instead of the normal factory red one that normally indicates something is off or in standby and lastly do a paint job to finish..

I've done a few modifications before, my first was the chipping and spraying of my PSone which was a yellow body with black lid and matching buttons, it was a decent job at the time but looking back it could have been better. I then attempted the chipping of the PS2, without going into great detail it was one epic failure! Over time I have done quite a few bits but the most recent one was a while ago when I popped LED's into my brothers PS3 controller, which he has uploaded to Youtube. (see below)

TwisterV2's LED Modded Controller PS3

I am hoping to get this project underway this weekend but that depends on the delivery of my LED's but I will post results as soon as I have them, but if you hear a "BOOOOOOM" and see a small mushroom cloud at some point over the London area please consider this blog terminated along with its creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment