Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Iron Man Baldini

So it looks like we've finally wrapped up Franco Baldini as our new Technical Director. I have mixed emotions about this, we've tried it in the past with Comolli, Pleat and Arnesen which all seemed to tread on the managers toes at times and eventually the post was removed from the clubs infrastructure, but the fact that this has been a request from AVB - it may actually work in our favour.

So where will this lead? Well I'm hoping it is going to improve the speed and quality of the players we pick players up. I'm generally tired of watching other clubs, identify a target, and within a week or two, boom! they have their man, whilst we wait for 'Deadline Levy Day'. I know missing the CL spot impacts this but there is a planet full of footballers to choose from. I don't have anything against Levy and Co, personally think he is the best chairman in the league but when you play hardball its often countered by similar actions and used against you, as we have found out in previous windows.

Well let the rumor mill keep going as it does every year and reports Spurs want every Tom, Dick and Harry, but hopefully will see some encouraging signs in the next couple of weeks with this new appointment, but a striker must be the priority.

I noticed Baldini heavy resembles Robert Downey Jr, so does that mean we have Iron Man to sort out the Spanish Press and end this all this Bale talk for at least another 365 days?

2 comments:

  1. I think you can safely rule Harry out of that one... =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Well we need a striker and if 'arry can get the goals we so desperately need, sign him up!

    ReplyDelete