Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Fuckface Unstoppable! @ Camden Underworld 23/07/13



Me and my brother got two tickets from my better half as a surprise just before I went to buy my own, and it was money well spent. I've read mixed reports about FFU gigs, and had mixed emotions about what I was going to expect on the night. After being a big fan of CKY, Jackass and Bam all these years, I didn't want anything to tarnish the entertainment and joy those have given me over the years.

So the night started by meeting one of my idols in The World End, none other than Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth and that was just as the night began, which meant it would need to escalate to unthinkable levels of greatness after that. So after the great Dani discovery, we went next door and got ready to rock with FFU and decided to grabbed myself a copy of Minghags DVD and a FFU shirt, which to my surprise both were personally sold to me by another great Matt "Matty J" Janaitis (CKY/FFU bassist), who actually makes the shirts at Castle Bam. The night just stepped up another massive notch. They we're supported by Generation Graveyard and Evarane. I missed Evarane but was quite impress but Generation Graveyard's stint.

Lights dimmed, a dark figure appears... It was only Novak aka "Pil Collins" in a rubber dingy crowd surfing whilst singing "In the Air Tonight", that has to be the most crazy, funniest, surreal entrances I have ever witnessed. Now the stakes were really high. The atmosphere was explosive, I never seen such a small venue filled with an electric atmosphere and it felt quite personal being so close to the band, was gutted that Chad Ginsberg dropped out a few months ago, but that didn't make much difference because FFU were really unstoppable that night. I particular like Bam's cover of "All My Friends Are Dead" by Turbonegro, he has added a heavier sound to it and works brilliantly. Even though it was a relatively short set compared to most bands, they blew the night away. After all its just a group of friends getting together making some music and having a shed load of fun in the process, which is just like the good old days of music and not about making a multi-platnium album but just plain and simple hard "Rock and Ral!!"

Everything I read before the gig was completely blown to smithereens! I really enjoyed the gig and am stoked that I got to see them, although the day after I felt like I was hit by a truck and my liver packed its bags and buggered off on holiday. I like to think of it as a Rob Zombie day.

If you get a chance to catch them, do, its worth it and don't listen to the whiners or the boring ones its for entertainment and fully worth the entry fee. I do wonder if Novak ever did meet Pete Doherty though.

Thanks guys great night! Come back soon!!

FFU Facebook
Bam's Facebook Page with Dates




No comments:

Post a Comment